Beginning on Ash Wednesday, Lent is a season of reflection and preparation before the celebrations of Easter. By observing the 40 days of Lent, Christians replicate Jesus Christ's sacrifice and withdrawal into the desert for 40 days. Lent is marked by fasting, both from food and festivities. Let this Lenten season be filled with prayer, repentance, purpose and almsgiving. This Paper Chain will help guide you closer to Jesus throughout this Lenten Season!
Watch instruction video here if you need help:
Lenten Paper Chain
Here is what to do:
1. This project can be completed individually, with friends, with a significant other or together as a family! (It is suitable for ALL AGES!)
(Print on colored printing paper if possible!)
3. Read through all activities which include GIVING, FASTING & PRAYING! Some of these are day-specific (such as receiving ashes on Ash Wednesday)
4. Begin making your Paper Chain
a. Begin your Chain by putting your name(s) on the first link!
b. Cut activities into strips; add links to your Chain (using tape, glue, staple) as you complete activities
The goal is to complete at least 40 of the 51 total activities throughout the entirety of Lent. (There are 47 written activities and 4 blank links for you to come up with your own intentions!) Remember – it’s okay if you don’t start these right at the beginning of Lent or if you don’t do 40 of them. Anything you do to add to your family’s observance of Lent will be a wonderful addition to your family life. Once the Lenten season is over and you and/or your family have completed your Lenten Paper Chain, share it with us by sending a photo of your completed chain and then bring the chain to church to be displayed throughout the Easter Season.
- Attach photo(s) to email
- Include participants names
- Share with us your favorite/most rewarding activity/intention
- Send to [email protected]
- Bring Paper Chain to be displayed; all displays with their intentions will be prayed for!